.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

SAPPHIRE's FFXI LOG

The log of my adventure in Final Fantasy XI

accumulated adventurers:

 

My Photo
Name:
Location: TuM; CUHK; WCH; SS, Hong Kong

sap, my pseudonym, nick of sapphire, the splendid blue gem. sapphirine, of mine. shadow, a shelter filtering the over-bright light of the profane. sap shadow - sappphirine shadow - the retreat of sapphire.

Friday, July 09, 2004

A Timely Visit--Finished

I just finished the quest last night, as a whm40/blm20.
I didn't mean to do this quest at first. I just mean to go to Davoi through the Jugner Forest. I didn't know that the part of Forest that Ramperre's Tomb leads to is barred by the lake from other parts of the Forest.

The ??? is only a short way outside the exit of tomb to forest. Just tab, tab, tab, you'll spot it.

At that time, it's around 00:00, so I didn't examine it (too dangerous for a whm40). I ran around and found out that part of forest is isolated.

As I'd run a long way there, I tried to gather other players around to do this quest. I targeted the 2 players around and asked if they're doing this quest.

As I ran back, the mobs were already triggered by a high level pld.

There's no way to miss such a golden opportunity! Plus, I didn't know that this pld was so powerful. I'd like to support him, so I put my flag up and asked him to invite me.

Luckily, this pld was nice and invited me. I supported with balck magic. Fire, and banish did damage like 70-90. Still, there is no obvious drop in the mob's (shadow) hp bar. I filtered party's attack, so I can't tell how much damage the pld caussed. But this pld had very little drop in hp throughout the battle. He finished the shadow first, then he threw Cure IV on the skeleton. Very useful. And I must add that the mobs kept attacking the pld and never attacked me, even if pld didn't use provoke.

So i finished the quest without difficulty. Thank you, little taru pld. ^^

And the mobs gave a revive tree root, which is needed for the paladin quest. Bring it to Balasiel in S. Sandy.

Afterwards, I stayed there healing for a while. Another whm60/blm?? came and triggered the mobs alone. Her hp dropped dramatically. So I threw her a Cure III. The shadown immediately rush to me, gave me a hit of 77 damage, additonal effect evasion down. Note that I had stoneskin at that time. I zoned at once. Yeah, remember to zone when the situation is critical.

I returned after rest (You know, whms always support one another). The whm managed to finish the mobs after a while, with more than half-hp.

So, the doubts are not yet cleared. Post a reply if you've tested.

ps. And whms, unite to do this quest so that you can heal one another. Lest, you'll risk being interrupted while casting cure's or warp.

cut-scenes
At the end, Roido and Michell... are still kept at chateau for trial. This quest has ended, but I suppose there'll be another quest to continue the story...
And it suggested Prince F??? escaped to Bastok 200 years ago, with help form Vijartal Caphieux, the Obsidiant Bolt.
Also mentioned the Ordelle's Caves resonances with the Perre XXX on the Scepter Royaulais, thus enabling time travel.
These long explanations by Vijartal and Halver would come in handy in future quests or mission, I'm sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home