.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

SAPPHIRE's FFXI LOG

The log of my adventure in Final Fantasy XI

accumulated adventurers:

 

My Photo
Name:
Location: TuM; CUHK; WCH; SS, Hong Kong

sap, my pseudonym, nick of sapphire, the splendid blue gem. sapphirine, of mine. shadow, a shelter filtering the over-bright light of the profane. sap shadow - sappphirine shadow - the retreat of sapphire.

Thursday, July 08, 2004

A Timely Visit

I haven't gone to the forest to fight the 2 mobs: Giollemitte B Feroun (Shadow) and Skeleton Esquire (Skeleton). But from all the posts I read, they're surely tough. I'll just stop here (got Virtual to help) until I hit lvl 55+.

There's a lot of runnig, but the cut-scenes are truly rewarding. You get one everytime you talk with a NPC. And it's a creative way to bring in time-travelling.

But if you ever paid attention to the cutscene, you'd notice that this quest introduced Viritual XXX (don't remember the name), a renowned hero who came from 200 years ago and the civil war. So this is actually a quest that let you understand the story's background. And it brings you closer to the Royal family (=> more quests and higher fame level). If you don't enjoy role-playing, you really shouldn't have played FFXI.

The reward Medieval Collar may be worth only 2kG, but I bet this quest will lead you to more quests, and this collar may be exactly the item required.

Tips
1. I was whm40/blm20 when I started this quest. And warp is truly a time-saving magic. Set the home point at West Gate, S. Sandy. Whenever you've talked with Halver at Chateau, just warp to find Deraquien and Phillone, or go to La Thiene Plateau for Narvecaint (take a chocobo or walk, as you like). Mobs in Ordelle's Caves didn't aggro me.
2. But mind you, you have to go through a goblin's place in the cave to get to Narvecaint, who's at the exit to La Thiene Plateau. You have to HEAD OUT. He's a knight. If you've ever done this Eco-warrior quest, the exit is right near the knight (Roja...) who offers you the lvl-capping omintment. Narvecaint is not the man hiding behind the stone, though he looks and sounds suspicious. (I got fooled myself and kept runnig around and shouting. lol)

Doubts
After you examine ??? between 18:00-4:00, the 2 mobs spawn. It brings 2 questions:

1. Must you defeat the mob before you examine ??? again? If not, we can just examine ??? twice and then warp.
2. What if you examine ??? between 4:01-17:59? No mobs? Or "You found nothing extra-ordinary here"?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home