.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

SAPPHIRE's FFXI LOG

The log of my adventure in Final Fantasy XI

accumulated adventurers:

 

My Photo
Name:
Location: TuM; CUHK; WCH; SS, Hong Kong

sap, my pseudonym, nick of sapphire, the splendid blue gem. sapphirine, of mine. shadow, a shelter filtering the over-bright light of the profane. sap shadow - sappphirine shadow - the retreat of sapphire.

Thursday, July 08, 2004

Fit for the Prince: Looking for the ideal bride for Prince Trion

First, there's no time restriction coz i got the quest at least 2 weeks ago (earth time) before I started to find a candidate.

My exp yesterday, on Ifrit server:

I shouted a few times without any response. After I gave that up and was running aroud Sandy for other quests, it occured to me that there're few girls in ffxi. So I started to observe every character I passed by. The most probably, you can see a female mithra or taru, but not hume. And a hume girl was who I was looking for.
Suddenly, in front of S. Sandy AH, I sighted a hume girl, but not with blonde hair. Then I saw another with blonde hair and as I took a closer look, she's the perfect candidate!
So i used the chat function to ask for a favor. After some time, she replied: I can't understand English.
I'm not giving up, so I use very short and simple English, and stressed that it's close and safe: N. Sandy (I used translation, of course). At last, I said: 1 min, ok?
After some thoughts, she said ok and put the flag on.
Thus, we formed a party and went to Cheateau for Halver, with an interesting cutscene.
And after all, i obtained Castor's ring. I did not know she also got a ring at that time. And the cutscene looked insulting to her, making me a bit embarrassed. But I supposed she's japanese (as she can't speak Eng) and so wouldn't request a reward. I just gave her a bow and thanked her, she gave me a smile and left. THANK YOU, Miuu. ^^

Suggestion:

So, I have to say I was very lucky, for having found the perfect candidate just a few miles away from cheateau (North to S. Sandy AH is N. Sandy and Cheateau), and she's a japanese who is willing to help a stranger. I recommend you all to wait for the perfect candidate there. And if you've read this, remember to tell the candidates she'll get a ring (no matter you shout or tell). This should make the search easier.

Use of this quest:
1. Obviously, you got a ring. It's Rare/Ex. But you can remove Ex using wind crystals. And with cyclone crystals, you can add your name to it. I heard that it's for the marriage system, but I don't know the details.
2. I believe it'd be a requisite quest for some other quests. If you still remember the cut-scene, there's a NPC, Temple Knight Captain, Curilla. It seems that she and Prince Trion have some love affairs. I bet either the prince or Curilla (or the other prince Prejue, the king, Halver, queen, or else) would ask for help later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home